Prosciutto-wrapped salmon skewers
Less is more! Salmon, fresh basil and prosciutto. You don’t need anything else in these flavor-dense skewers for the buffet.
Net carbs: 1g, Protein: 28g, Fat: 62g
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 4 servings
- ¼ cup (1⁄3 oz.) fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 lb skinless salmon, boneless fillets, frozen in pieces
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3½ oz. prosciutto, in thin slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Serving)
- Soak the skewers in water and remove the salmon from the freezer to partially thaw.
- Chop the basil finely with a sharp knife.
- Cut the almost thawed salmon length-wise into 1/2" (1.5cm) wide pieces and mount on the skewers.
- Roll the skewers in the chopped basil and pepper. Then wrap the salmon skewers with the sliced prosciutto.
- Cover the skewers in olive oil and fry in a pan, oven, or on the grill. Alternatively, place skewers in the oven and bake at 350°F (180°C) for 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through and prosciutto is crispy (Note: turn skewers over halfway).
- Serve with the mayonnaise or a hearty salad and a rich aioli.
Frozen salmon pieces work very well. It's easier to thread them on the skewer when the fish is still a little bit frozen.
JOIN OUR INSTAGRAM FAMILY OF 2K+ MEMBERS