Keto Corned Beef and Cabbage
Corned beef and cabbage is a St. Patrick's day MUST. This keto version is so tender and flavorful, we want to have it way more than just once a year. (Okay, the caper mayo doesn't hurt either.)
Made this? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
Yields: 6 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 5 Hours
- 3-4 lbs corned beef
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 celery stalks, quartered crosswise
- 1 package pickling spices
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 medium green cabbage, cut into 2" wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
- 1/2 c. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. capers, roughly chopped, plus 1 tsp brine
- 2 tbsp. parsley, roughly chopped
- Place corned beef, onion, celery, and pickling spices into a large pot. Add enough water to cover by 2", season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until very tender, 3–3 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another bowl, mix mayo, capers, caper brine, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper
- Add cabbage and carrots and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour more, until cabbage is tender. Remove meat, cabbage, and carrots from the pot. Slice corned beef and season with more salt and pepper.
- Serve with both sauces on the side for dipping.
JOIN OUR INSTAGRAM FAMILY OF 2K+ MEMBERS