1/2 omelet: 186 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 207mg cholesterol, 648mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Prep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Place a 10-in. skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. The mixture should set immediately at the edges. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top 1 half with remaining ingredients. Fold omelet in half. Cut in half to serve.
JOIN OUR INSTAGRAM FAMILY OF 2K+ MEMBERS